Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Windows (My Opinion)

Windows is an excellent OS to use. It is one of the easiest out to understand, and get started with. People from the age of 2 to 70 can figure out how to use it fairly quickly. It has awesome configuration tools that are easy to understand and use. In windows I can usually figure out how to configure something with 15 to 20 minutes just by clicking stuff. For example I need to set up SMTP on Windows Server 2003 so I could receive e-mails, and I just started clicking a few things here adding what I “thought” goes there and bam it worked. I knew absolutely nothing about setting it up, but with easy to understand configuration tools I figured it out. With other OS’s I basically had to learn how to configure things from scratch, which when you are in a hurry is not good. Programming for Windows is much nicer with the .NET Framework you can easily program applications for windows, or the web. Windows also has the best IDE of any OS nothing can beat Visual Studio.NET with its intellisence and dynamic coding allow for coding to get done quick.

Windows is excellent for getting stuff done quickly and efficiently. I enjoy using it for all of my development.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, April 07, 2005, Anonymous djkno3 said...

"For example I need to set up SMTP on Windows Server 2003 so I could receive e-mails"

I've never seen a SMTP (Simple Mail Tranfer Protocol) ever RECIEVE e-mails ;) just stopped buy to say I put you on my blog roll. The address is in the info at the bottom ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home