Monday, August 29, 2005

I can mount my USB in command line

Haha. One of the coolest things in the world is I can now mount my USB key to my crux install with a little command

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb

I don't, at the moment, have a window manager on my linux partition so I am using command line quite a bit. It is a lot of fun though. I hope that in the next couple of days that all the gnome stuff on the ports system is corrected so I can install it. I just really wish that I could find the Gnome Install Guide, or at least a working link to it.

I do like the ports system that Crux is set up with very nice. It pretty much downloads all the files you need compiles them and installs them.

Also I am trying to learn XSLT right now and am haveing one heck of a time with it. I just can't seem to find any good tutorials so if you know of any let me know thanks.

Buddy Lindsey

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Stephen said...

Of course, add that same information to /etc/fstab, and you can just do "mount /mnt/usb" :)

 
At 5:34 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Buddy Lindsey said...

Really I did not know that I am definatly going to do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home