Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Linux VTM's announced

Well for those of you over at 3dBuzz that listened to last nights radio show I suppose you heard about the Linux VTM's. Yes, I am going to be preparing them, and recording them for the community. I am hoping that I can make it out to Dickson, TN to record it them with Buzz and crew.

So here is a little bit of information about what is going to be on them. Basically the first several will deal with nothing but command line. Yes, command line. Why might you ask. Well most users that want to switch to linux are power users and will end up spending quite a bit of time in command line at some point. I want to get people prepared for this experience before they move into the GUI. From my experience in command line it was fairly easy to move over to KDE, Gnome, or Fluxbox, really any Windows Manager. The reason for this is because everything is still the same just graphical. The problem is in my research and planning, so far, it looks like about 6 command line based VTM's will be created. Well that, to me is a lot, I am also afraid there might need to be more. I will keep you updated though.

Until next time have fun. Oh, just because I am doing linux stuff does not mean I am giving up .NET. On the contrary I want to learn both MS .NET implementation and Mono's *nix implementation.

Keep on the look out for another ADO.NET update within the next few days.

Buddy Lindsey

2 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, August 19, 2005, Anonymous Lundek said...

Hi

I must say that I looking forward to see those linux VTM's. Hope you'll be able to record them with Buzz and his crew.

cheers

 
At 4:48 PM, October 23, 2005, Blogger Gordon said...

Hello, your blog is informative. I have a linux server related website, please visit and hope that it is helpful to you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home