Sunday, September 18, 2005

Programming Weekend

Hey all. I have spent the weekend in the programming mode.

I was following some tutorials, because I am still a newb, from 3dbuzz.com over C++. I was doing the basic project that they walk you through in the 4th CD. It is a simple little app that you insert an either into the top of the listbox or the end of the list box. We were using wxWidgets to do it and it wasn't to terribly complicated.

Then I tried to expand on it. Here is were I felt so dumb because I couldn't seem to figure it out at all. Come to find out it was one of the combinations of strings that I didn't try because I didn't think it would actually work.

How I found out the answer was by posting a question on 3dbuzz about it and they helped me out. However while I was waiting I was so furios that I couldn't get the thing to work that I did the whole project in C#, including my feature, in under an hour.

This really showed me how much faster it can be to use C# over C++. I must say that I really like C# even more now. Though I will continue to use C# because it is a lovely language and fun to use. Now I just need to figure out a product that I can make in C# to get more practice.

After going through the tutorials I feel much more confident, sort of, than I did before. So we will see. I still have a lot to learn, but I am on the right track.

Buddy Lindsey

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, May 29, 2011, Anonymous Blackjack Games said...

In my opinion, it is an interesting question, I will take part in discussion. I know, that together we can come to a right answer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home